It's easy for age-verified Albertans to shop on AlbertaCannabis.org, but before you create your account, there are a few things you should know.
Signup and Account Creation
AlbertaCannabis.org is available to anyone age 18 or over, but keep in mind that you'll be required to verify your age as part of the account creation process. You'll need to:
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter a six-digit verification code to make sure it's really you (you'll receive it in an email), then
- Complete our online age verification process. Most customers will be verified at step 1, which is a soft check with Equifax to confirm your age only. Your credit is not affected in any way. If step 1 isn't successful, you'll have the option to upload a picture of your ID. If the first two steps are unsuccessful, you'll have a third option to age-verify in person at a Canada Post location with a code that we'll provide.
Under Health Canada regulation, it's important to remember the following when buying cannabis:
- You can buy up to 30g of dried cannabis (or dried cannabis equivalency) per purchase; our cart won't allow you to check out with more.
- 30g is also the maximum amount you can legally possess when you're out in public.
- AlbertaCannabis.org currently accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express, as well as Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit.
Shipping and Delivery
Between the protection of Alberta's youth, legislation and regulation, and different carriers' policies, there are a few things you should know about delivery and shipping:
- Orders from AlbertaCannabis.org can only be delivered to an address within Alberta.
- All orders must be signed for by a person 18 years of age or older with valid identification, whether at home or at the post office or courier depot.
- You can choose to ship with either Canada Post or Purolator for $4.95 per order.
- Once you've selected your shipping method, it cannot be changed.
- Orders typically arrive within 2 business days. Note: some orders may be delayed due to shippers' delivery practice changes in response to COVID-19 coronavirus.
- Only Canada Post is able to deliver to PO boxes.
- You're responsible for picking up your order (within 15 calendar days for Canada Post and 5 business days for Purolator). As all orders are final sale, undeliverable packages will not be refunded.
Update, March 17, 2020
Canada Post and Purolator have announced changes to delivery practices in response to COVID-19 coronavirus. Read these updates here.