AlbertaCannabis.org has made every effort to provide an accessible and easy-to-use website for everyone. We’re reducing barriers for users with disabilities that affect mobility, vision, hearing, learning and physical or mental health.
We designed our site to conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 of the Worldwide Web Consortium. These guidelines cover blindness, including low vision and photo-sensitivity; deafness and hearing loss; learning disabilities; cognitive limitations, including those associated with age and illness; limited range of movement; speech disabilities; and any combination of the above. While following the WCAG 2.0 guidelines has obvious benefits for people with disabilities, they also make web content more usable for all users.
This website is compatible with popular screen-reading software. It was also designed for those who may not be able to use a mouse, and can be navigated using a keyboard or other assistive devices and technologies. As of October 17, 2018, AlbertaCannabis.org is progressing toward WCAG 2.0 Conformance Level AA guidelines.
- Color contrast: Text, background, links and other significant areas must meet the required colour contrast ratio.
- Text resizing: Users will be able to magnify the webpage up to two times.
- Alt-text: Text descriptions are included for images, logos and pictures. This text is not visible on screen. It is embedded for screen-reading technologies to interpret for users.
- Keyboard access: All links, buttons and other interactive controls are navigable by pressing the tab key only, except in the section for making payments.
- Heading structures: The headings and sub-headings that make up a page are properly formatted to work with assistive technologies.
- Accessible forms: All input fields have text labels and added validation for easier interaction.
- Rotating Heroes: Content that plays automatically and is longer than three seconds can be managed manually through thumbnails and the ‘previous’ and ‘next’ buttons.
We have made every effort to ensure content on this website is accessible to all visitors. Please contact us for help if you find any information on this website you can’t access. We’re just a phone call or email away.
Our customer support line is available to assist you from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week, 364 days a year (we'll be closed on Christmas Day). If you need to contact us outside of business hours, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 1 - 2 business days.
If you choose to email us, please include your full name and phone number so we can help you as quickly as possible.